Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wine & Milk

This past week has been pretty difficult. I'm not sure why, taking in consideration that I don't have an overabundance of tasks to complete. My freelance work can stay on hold and my graphic design studies are well in order. I've been rationalizing my quiet moments as a healthy dose of grief over the reality of sin. If I've noticed anything, it's the presence of it. I can't complain though. Although difficult, this week has been fun and filled with joyful moments with God and friends. A man named Scott Harrison came to the college ministry's large group meeting to talk about an organization called 'charity: water'. It was engaging hearing his testimony and call to such a cause as drilling wells in countries that desperately need it.

I've never been on missions. Back during this past summer, as I was reading just how wealthy we Victorians are in Crazy Love by Francis Chan, I at least thought about the colors of God's heart behind it. About an hour ago I sat in a missions meeting at church where they were deciding if they are going to go to Kenya or Costa Rica. They talked about the types of people they needed to work, of which I'm not sure I completely filled any of the categories. That's not necessarily holding me back though. There's nothing holding me back from going, but there's nothing pulling me out of my seat either so I'll just wait and see what happens.

Guilt is a terrible substitution for God. However, we get this perverse sense of service in preaching them together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home