Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Plumes

Ah, valuable father & son time. David told me he was going to head out to engage in some of that. I'd definitely like some. Why is that so awkward? Went to dinner with sister. Definitely heard more than I think my mind needed to process. Good bonding time nonetheless. It's good to know that she's going to a pastor for marriage counseling. I wrote a disorganized song today.

"Plumes"

I like the illusion,
It makes me think that I see love in
All the confusion;
Not knowing what to think of it all.

Hot lamps and steel signs
Illuminate the backstreets to Parkview.
Steep hills and sharp turns
Should sharpen my eyes, it'd be wise, but it's hard to.

Plumes and toxins fill the room,
My lungs pump nothing but more fog.
I'm crawling like my heart is 2,
Feeling for the cold doorknob.
Is venom all that man can spew?
The thick consistency subdues.
This carnal suit says "What's the use?"
I can't sit right and not refuse.

No face for the reaper this time.
Death pops out of the wedding cake.
Dark letters for committing this crime.
If we weren't the criminals, we are today.

Innocence like a bloody napkin,
We dress it up with our clearance clothes.
Tell no one everything that happened;
Can't cuff the sinners if the priests don't know.

Let me
Leave from the dinners, the sit-downs, confusion.
Spare me
The lectures, the put downs, the good deeds you've done.
Hear me
Out in the screaming and silence this season.
Tear me
Out of this gold-plated frame of good "reason".

There's nothing more confusing than hearing both sides to a problem story. You don't know what's true or not and it becomes very difficult to give advice or properly assess the situation. I don't let problems get to me these days though. I figure just living one day at a time with a dash of laissez-faire protects the heart while waiting on God to repair.

I could be totally wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home