Lonesome Tuesday Afternoon
I'm pretty bored. I never thought a summer afternoon would amount to this: sitting in a semi-clean room with suitcases overflowing with clothes and DVD's in every corner. I'm anxiously awaiting to leave for my new apartment. I've seriously gotta leave this place. I don't know. It's just not the same anymore. I know everyone, but at the same time I really don't. And they really don't know me either. Look what half-a-term at college has done to everyone. It's funny how despite the monumental changes in character we've had these past two years, the almost archaic inside jokes and memories are preserved just for these reuniting occasions.
There is nothing more annoying than that constant tapping of raindrops on my roof. I wish we got it fixed. There's a metal sheet over my attic's exhaust fan and it sounds like it's catching every drop from the sky. I'm hungry, but I really can't take a drive out for food. I pseudo regret going to the mall yesterday because I really splurged all my cash and burned a hole in my credit card. I swear I'll never do that again. I have a problem with sounding like a broken record though. I should really read some of the New Testament. Maybe I'll praise God for a bit as I clean up and run through some passages today. I feel like I've been compromising God for small time-wasting activities. I'll just keep this quote in mind.
"Make sure the thing you're living for is worth dying for."
- Charles Mayes
There is nothing more annoying than that constant tapping of raindrops on my roof. I wish we got it fixed. There's a metal sheet over my attic's exhaust fan and it sounds like it's catching every drop from the sky. I'm hungry, but I really can't take a drive out for food. I pseudo regret going to the mall yesterday because I really splurged all my cash and burned a hole in my credit card. I swear I'll never do that again. I have a problem with sounding like a broken record though. I should really read some of the New Testament. Maybe I'll praise God for a bit as I clean up and run through some passages today. I feel like I've been compromising God for small time-wasting activities. I'll just keep this quote in mind.
"Make sure the thing you're living for is worth dying for."
- Charles Mayes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home